Community Engagement Manager
The Inland Ocean Coalition (IOC), a project of The Ocean Foundation, a 501 (c)(3), seeks an experienced part-time Community Engagement Manager. The IOC’s mission is to create an inland movement that builds land-to-sea stewardship, and we are looking for someone to help support and expand our community engagement.
The Community Engagement Manager will work from home and the IOC office in Boulder, CO for approximately 20 hours/week (this may increase depending on funding). Must be available some weekends and evenings and a flexible schedule is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the organization’s volunteers for local events, meetings, presentations, etc.
- Assist in event planning, i.e. Blue Drinks, creek cleanups, fundraising, and social events
- Manage volunteer list on database
- Attend and manage volunteers at front range events
- Respond to volunteer inquiries that come in through email, the website, social media
- Speak on behalf of the organization and give presentations at front range events and in schools
- Coordinate and help facilitate bi-annual Ocean Rangers Trainings
- Create and maintain outreach materials for events
- Keep outreach bins organized and up-to-date
- Add events to IOC website, calendars, and social media
- Supervise intern(s) and/or job-specific volunteers
- Must be computer savvy and proficient in WordPress, social media platforms, excel, and Canva or other graphic design software
- People-person with positive attitude and resourceful approach
- Self-starter who shows great initiative, completes tasks, pays attention to detail and meets deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy and a smile
- Background in environmental/watershed/ocean stewardship
- Must be a comfortable public speaker and able to give presentations to a wide array of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or several years of work experience in this field
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references with contact information to Christine Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 3. Please make the subject line: “Community Engagement Manager”