Inland Ocean Chapters
In keeping with our vision for citizens and communities to take an active role in improving the impacts and relationships between the inland, the coastal and the ocean, our chapters promote healthy oceans through education and community engagement. The Colorado Ocean Coalition is leading an effort to provide an organizational model and guidance for inland communities to create their own ocean chapters. Chapters work together to expand current inland ocean programs and share successful initiatives.
In addition to the Colorado Ocean Coalition, Inland Ocean Chapters include: Great Lakes, Prairie in Winnipeg, Utah, Illinois and Sonoran Desert in Tucson. Our Inland College Chapters include CU Boulder.
Check out what each of our chapters is up to!
Grow Your Chapter
The following steps help define and grow Inland Ocean Chapters:
- Identify and support local watershed-to-sea issues
- Plan Blue Drinks events to introduce the Inland Ocean Coalition to the community
- Grow membership by setting up tables at local community events and through social media
- Partner with local businesses and events that are water-/ocean-minded
- Team up with Blue the Dive and encourage your local dive shop to go blue!
The Chapter Guide for Inland Ocean Chapters explains in detail how to work with the Inland Ocean Coalition to create and manage an Inland Ocean Chapter.