Events & Marketing Internship
Do you love the ocean and want to make a difference? The Inland Ocean Coalition (IOC) is looking for an Events & Marketing Intern to assist with the IOC’s Masquerade Mermaid Ball Fundraiser this fall in Boulder, Colorado.
The internship will be two-fold: assisting the Executive Director and Event Producer/Committee to plan and coordinate the organization’s year-end fundraising event; and managing and coordinating all efforts surrounding the silent auction component of the event. The Events and Marketing Intern will be responsible for the online auction platform and will develop relationships with local businesses and individuals. The Intern will report directly to the Director of the organization and will work closely with the Event Producer, Event Committee, and Inland Ocean Coalition business partners and donors.
The internship will begin as soon as the right candidate is found and will last through November. The candidate will need to be available via email during the week, work from headquarters in North Boulder one afternoon a week, and be flexible for pickups and drop offs of auction items.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Events + Marketing (40%)
- Must be available for the event on November 8th, 2019 for event day coordination with Event Producer, Event Committee, and volunteers
- Provide assistance to Executive Director, Event Producer, and Event Committee as needed
- Assist with event setup/load in and break down/loadout
- Attend event committee meetings and follow up on to dos
- Assist in social media outreach prior to event
- Assist with distribution of outreach materials for event
- Silent Auction (60%)
- Assist with outreach to local businesses for auction items
- Manage communication between the IOC and all partners donating auction items
- Manage and track all auction items
- Coordinate all pickups and drop offs of auction item
- Positive attitude, resourceful approach, and comfortable with a highly collaborative work environment
- Self-starter, able to initiate work, complete tasks, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy and a smile
- Ability to remain professional & composed when interfacing with stakeholders
- Must be social media savvy and able to post engaging, informative content in a professional manner
- Must have own vehicle for picking up and dropping off auction items
- Event production and marketing experience preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume with contact information to Christine Evans: email@example.com and make the subject line: “Events & Marketing Internship”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This is an unpaid position with the opportunity to receive school credit for an independent study or internship.