Events & Marketing Internship
Events & Marketing Intern
Do you love the ocean and want to make a difference? The Inland Ocean Coalition (IOC) is looking for an Events & Marketing Intern to assist with the IOC’s Masquerade Mermaid Ball Annual Fundraiser in Boulder, Colorado.
The internship will be two-fold: assisting IOC staff in planning and coordinating the organization’s year-end fundraising event; assisting staff in managing and coordinating all efforts surrounding the online auction component of the event. The Events and Marketing Intern will be responsible for the online auction platform and will develop relationships with local businesses and individuals. The Intern will report directly to the Program and Outreach Manager of the organization and will work closely with other members of staff as needed.
The internship will begin as soon as the right candidate is found and will last through October 2021. The candidate will need to be available by email during the week and be flexible for picking up and dropping off auction items. The ideal candidate will live in or near Boulder, Colorado.
- Silent Auction (60%)
- Assist with outreach to businesses and individuals for auction items
- Assist with communication between the IOC and all partners donating auction items
- Assist with tracking auction items
- Coordinate pickups and drop offs of auction items
- Events + Marketing (40%)
- Must be available for the event on September 23rd, 2021 for event-day coordination with staff and volunteers
- Assist with event setup/load in and break down/loadout
- Provide assistance to Executive Director, Event Producer, and staff as needed
- Assist in outreach and marketing prior to event
- Positive attitude, resourceful approach, and comfortable with a highly collaborative work environment
- Self-starter, able to initiate work, complete tasks, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy and a smile
- Ability to remain professional & composed when interfacing with stakeholders
- Must be social media savvy and able to post engaging, informative content in a professional manner
- Must have own vehicle for picking up and dropping off auction items
- Event production and marketing experience preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume with contact information to Melissa: firstname.lastname@example.org and make the subject line: “Events & Marketing Internship”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This is an unpaid position with the opportunity to receive school credit for an independent study or internship.