Ocean Rangers Volunteer Leadership Training
“How can we inspire communities to recognize that the ocean belongs to all of us?”
Our next training will be in the spring of 2019. Please fill out our Interest Form to let us know which times work best for you!
This fun and dynamic four-hour training covers topics including watershed health, sustainable seafood, plastic pollution, ocean acidification, microbeads, strategies for effective advocacy, and more. After the training, volunteers will be equipped to take positive action and educate others, including students, legislative leaders and residents, about land-to-sea stewardship.
Ages 15 & up
Students: $10 donation with valid ID
Adults: $20 donation
Price includes training materials and lunch
Topics Covered in Training:
- Land-to-sea messaging and presentation by Founder & Executive Director covering issues affecting our watersheds, rivers, lakes, and ocean.
- Special presentations by guest speakers on current ocean and legislation, marine protected areas, and sustainable seafood.
- Opportunities to sign up for volunteer activities or projects.
- Activity Station: Tabling 101, how to use the watershed model, running a plastic pollution demo, microbead learning activities, and more.
- Volunteer Handbook and expectations for being a community leader.
If you have any questions, please contact Christine Evans: firstname.lastname@example.org