Guest blog post by Carolyn Hart
If you’re curious about starting an eco-friendly business, you might be worried that if you prioritize sustainability, your business won’t thrive. But thankfully, it’s entirely possible to prosper as an ECOpreneur! These resources will help you feel confident about starting out as an ecopreneur.
Establish Your Business
Don’t skip these essential steps before opening your business!
- Check out suppliers that make their ethical stances clear so that you’ll feel good about where you get your materials from.
- Before you open a business bank account, you will need to get an EIN number.
- You don’t have to handle all of your business management responsibilities on your own - you can hire your very first employees for help!
Reduce Waste in Your Operations
You can manage a successful business without creating lots of waste, and these resources will show you how.
- You can choose from a variety of eco-friendly packaging materials, including recyclable and compostable options.
- If you find yourself throwing out lots of paper, it’s time to consider how you can cut down on your paper waste.
- Make sure that items from your office don’t go to the landfill by implementing a recycling system.
- You don’t need to spend lots of money on utilities. You can reduce your utility bills and save the planet at the same time!
Promote Your Eco-Friendly Message
How can you teach more people about the importance of taking care of our planet? You need to be proactive about putting your message out there!
- Reach out to environmental groups to find out how your business can contribute to their projects.
- If you want to teach your customers new skills that can help them live sustainably, you can schedule workshops!
- Base your approach to marketing around education so that your customers can always learn something from you.
Everyone has the power to help preserve our planet for future generations. When you’re an ecopreneur, you can dedicate your professional life to environmentalism. And through your business, you can encourage your customers to make eco-friendly changes in their lives!
Want to help protect the world’s ocean? Pitch in with the Inland Ocean Coalition! By lending a hand, you can expand your positive impact. Learn more about opportunities here or fill out the contact form here to get in touch.