Monday Updates: Earth Day, EarthX and More!

Home Forums Current Work Monday Updates: Earth Day, EarthX and More!

Tagged: 

Deprecated: Function bp_core_get_user_domain is deprecated since version 12.0.0! Use bp_members_get_user_url() instead. in /www/inlandoceancoalition_963/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6078
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lance Kittel
    Keymaster

Happy Monday Ambassadors!

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend — Earth Day was on Saturday, did any of you do anything fun/cool? Comment below how you celebrated the Earth!

Some updates from IOC:
    EarthX

Mel, Vicki, April, Zander and Kate gathered in Dallas, TX over the weekend to table and speak at the world’s largest Earth conference. The team did a fantastic job speaking with the public, leading discussions on sunscreens and plastics, and networking with other organizations! It was a fantastic weekend and the team had a blast.

Webinar: Managing for Climate Change in MPAs

Open Communications for the Ocean will be hosting a webinar: Managing for Climate Change in MPAs: Stories and Tools from National Marine Sanctuaries and the National MPA Center on Thursday, April 27, 1 pm US EDT/10 am US PDT/5 pm UTC.

This webinar will discuss how the diversity of ecosystems, geographies, cultures, and experiences are represented in the National Marine Sanctuary System, while also highlighting climate monitoring, assessment, and adaptation experiences from the National Marine Sanctuary System and share a number of new products and tools from the National MPA Center, including an MPA Climate Vulnerability Assessment Guide and Climate Adaptation Story Map.Click Here to Register

Support Protecting 30% of our Ocean by 2030

The Inland Ocean Coalition is collecting signatures to support the America the Beautiful Initiative and the larger 30×30 resolution to save nature. Signatures are collected to show capacity for support, and only take a few seconds! Click here to sign.

That’s all for now, I hope everyone has a great week!

Kate Ashley
    Participant

I had fun at EarthX. It was great to meet Vicki, Mel, and Zander in person and to see April again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.