I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend. I was able to get out rafting with my wife and friends a bit on Saturday! We’re still getting a ton of rain here in Colorado. Onto the updates!
World Ocean Day is June 8!
The IOC team is coordinating cleanups in our communities and would love to see you do the same! A cleanup can be a 5-minute stroll around the neighborhood or a gathering of folks to remove trash from a watershed. Whatever your scale of comfort is, we would love to have you participate. If you get out, please take some photos and send them to us and we will feature them in the newsletter!
New Report: Turning US Ocean Climate Policy into Action
The IOC supports the Ocean Defense Initiative in their recent report. The report details 10 areas that require urgent action:
– Expand Responsibly-Sited Offshore Wind and Phase Out Offshore Drilling
– Enhance Coastal Resilience and Adaptation
– Promote Green Shipping and Ports
– Protect Blue Carbon
– Reduce Plastic Pollution and Emissions
– Support Climate Ready Fisheries
– End IUU Fishing and Human Rights Abuses in the Seafood Sector
– Advance Marine Protected Areas
– Minimize and Address Ocean Acidification
– Evaluate Marine Carbon Dioxide Removal
The IOC is proud to support these urgent calls.
Capitol Hill Ocean Week Begins Today!
Capitol Hill Ocean Week, often referred to as CHOW, begins today in Washington, D.C. Many of our partner organizations are in attendance; if you are interested in learning more about the events, please contact Mel or myself.
I hope you all have a great week!
This topic was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Lance Kittel.